Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 6, 2009

This tiny little boy is slipping away from me a little more every day. Replacing himself with a tougher, bigger talking, more independent version. He leaves for Grandma's today, and won't be back until next week. And even then, only for a few days, because then I head out to Denver for a few days of pea fun. :o) For all I know, the last vestiges of toddlerhood may slip away while he's at Grandma's, so I wanted to capture the other part of him-the sweet sleeping boy who still needs to crawl in bed with Momma and wrap his arms around me, and cling his little body to me, patting my back until he falls back to sleep. Because even that part will be gone before I realize it.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. YOu just made me cry. Stop him! I can't take much more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet shots and sweet journaling. Unfortunatley they do grow up way to fast. Enjoy them as long as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jenn, you made me mist up and miss my little boy, too! (he's now 27 and waaay too big and old to snuggle) Love that vulnerable lower lip. Have fun on your DenverFest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so sweet and moving! You'll always get to revist these moments, though, no matter what time has in store for you, and him, in all the journeys to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious capture and words that really hit home for me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO cute...almost makes me want another one! ALMOST! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so beautiful (I know I shouldn't say that about a boy, but he IS). I love how sweet he looks, and your processing of these shots is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean, although I just tucked in my nearly 14 year old DS :) They always need MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet post and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They grow up so fast, I often wonder where the time goes. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete