Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 26, 2009

Welp, my flash came today. And yeah. I hate it. But, I'm not giving up this time, and before you know it, I'll be rocking that OCF, too!!

A shot I took of Josh-just to illustrate the awful:

Photobucket

I went all Dave Hill on it to try and save it.

And, in b/w (no better):

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. It's impossible for a picture of someone so adorable to look bad! I'm still trying to figure out my flash and I've had it for a year. Your picture looks better than any of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your new flash! im sorry that you are not liking it. i just got mine last week and i love it so hopefully you come to terms with yours. As for the pic I agree with meaghan it is impossible for a cutie pie to look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His eyes are so amazing, Jenn. And maybe it's just me, but I'm liking what you did with this. It's very dirty, very raw, very BOY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo! What a hoot! Good luck with the new flash. I haven't tackled that new challenge yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now girl...why do you hate it, because this is awesome. I love the color one. I seriously am amazed that you did so WELL. I love your brownish pping on these too.

    You know what I hate about my flash? Its that I can never get my w/b right with it. Although you seem to have NO problems. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey... this isn't bad at all! It has a very "Dave Hill" look to it I think!

    Keep trying... flash is frustrating but once you finally hit on what works for YOU, you'll rock it I know! Try slowing your ss down some, maybe to 1/80 or even 1/60. I know that totally goes against everything we've been taught but seriously it will work! And if your flash is too bright at those shutter speeds, try dialing down the intensity some. I'm not sure how it is on the 430, but on my 580 I just press the "set" button on the back of the flash and then turn the dial left or right to turn the flash intensity up and down. That's usually what I change if my exposure is off with my flash, instead of messing with camera settings.

    Keep at it, you WILL get it I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn this is so not awful, its very Dave Hill and you know what I love it! I really think the processing matches the look on his face, it's different and its you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn--how can anyone this cute look awful? You are so talented you will get the hang of the flash in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you'll do great with your flash. Those eyes are too incredible!

    ReplyDelete