Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24, 2009

Not the best POTD post, by far, but tonight, it's all I've got. And I didn't even take it. (DH did)

Now that 2/3 of my kidlets are well, the 3rd decided she was jealous, and caught...the flu. *sigh* She's so very miserable, and running fever, and so lethargic, and...*sigh*

But, last night nearly did me in. She came home from school running a high fever, and complaining of nothing but a bad headache and a sore neck. And sometimes it's no fun to be a nurse's daughter-my first thought was meningitis. And until I knew for sure it wasn't -sure that all I was going to have to endure was another week of the flu- all I could do was hold her, and think of how my life would be over if I lost her, if I lost any of them. And as I was sitting there rocking her, Cory noticed our entwined hands, and the differences in her still-growing-out-of-that-chubby-stage fingers, and my long, slender ones, and grabbed my camera and snapped a picture. And though it's a bad angle, and an odd shot to begin with (it's a head-on shot of my arms wrapped around her little waist), something in me tears open every time I look at it. It's me, and my girl. And someday, her long, slender fingers will be entwined with her own daughter's soft, slightly chubby little hands as she rocks and comforts her.

(she's wearing my Aerosmith t-shirt, they both steal my concert t's to sleep in)

Photobucket

Thank you, Baby, for taking this shot.

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic photo he captured! That is an emotional picture and journaling. I hope she feels better very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo. Such an emotional image. I feel for you and am so glad to hear it's only the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how sweet of your Dh to take this photo, i can feel the love just by seeing this photo. i hope your DD gets better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this photo is just beautiful. So much emotion captured here! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, so sweet and were did these tears in my eyes come from? Sigh. I have those moments, that just sneak up on me (in fact, had one last night myself) of how much a part of me my kids are and how much I love them. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenn this post made me tear up. Its a beautiful picture especially with your words. Your husband rocks for taking it.

    I was wearing my Aerosmith shirt to bed last night too! Have I ever told you that James hates Aerosmith, it truely is his one downfall. I am able to look past it but now he is brainwashing Blaze to think "Amrosmith" is not good.

    I hope all your kiddos to be well asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those shots that will mean so much to both of you forever. So sweet! I hope she gets feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete