Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 19, 2008

After talking about finding the light in your house with Anne (paintedmoon) a few days ago, I decided to see what light this house has to offer. We've been here 4 months, and I've never shot inside. So, when Mr. Man was playing on the table in here in my office, today, I decided to snap a few. I'm not in love with the placement of the catchlights, and the green table/green polo made his skin a funny color, but I do think if I rearranged a few things in here, I may be able to fit a mini-studio in here for shots of the kids (not big enough for a client).

And after all that-what do you think of the lighting? Should I have turned him more to his left? Is it too uneven?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to my little 28mm for this one.

And, I posted it on peas, but I'll post it here, too. After Josh saw Tina in her sports headband, he got jealous:

Photobucket

I love his little folded ears and his crazy, desperately-needs-cut hair. 85mm for this one.

14 comments:

  1. Oh MAN.... he is just the CUTEST THING! I could get lost in those big blues! And I still giggled at the headband shot... that one ear sticking out and the other tucked in! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I love the lighting. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is seriously too cute for words! I think the light in your office is great! And the folded down ear is to die for! Those baby blues sure suck me right in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenn...that is great light!!
    I think it would look better if he was turned more to the left just because of the shadow along his nose/eye. Some people like the effect shadows make though so it's just a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your lighting is pretty sweet! I'd love to have some of that light in my house! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that second shot! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love the B&W and Josh is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so cute. I say that every time I visit your blog and see your header!

    The light looks like it's coming up at him. It might look better coming from the side. I think you found some good lighting in your room! A little CWB will take care of the color thing. The green behind is kind of cool except it blends in with his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a cutie with the headband. I love the light you captured, I do agree that turning his head a little would have helpd with the shadows. But it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the lighting looks great here Jenn- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the headband shot, too darned cute! I agree on the catchlights on the first one, not overly crazy about their placement either, but I do think you've got some good light in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you have beautiful lighting in your house! And I just love the headband of course.

    Ok so Becky shared this with me and I have to share it with you cause I know you will enjoy it as well...this song is right up there with "Hold On"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm certainly no expert on lighting, but these look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your lighting look great! Ijust adore those big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete