Friday, September 5, 2008

September 6, 2008

Today was a good day!! My 2 new lenses came, and I already ADORE them both.

The UPS guy got here a few minutes before I had to go pick the girls up, I yanked them out of the box, and took them with me to the school. LOL, moms must have thought I was nuts! The first shot I took was Tina, with my beloved fisheye, and she looks not unlike a bobblehead, but I love it! Then I played with my new 28mm wide-angle prime,and WOW!! That thing is SHARP! They're both going to be perfect for the sessions I have coming up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Both of these are SOOC-I just cropped them to 5x7, did a quick web sharpen, and posted them. :)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new glass!
    Although fishys aren't my personal favorite, this picture of your dd makes me laugh. She's absolutely a bobble head.
    The portrait is stunning with your new 28.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the fishy great fun? I just love all the artistic creativity that's possible with that lens. I find I use it AT LEAST once in most of my sessions. Quite honestly, I think I look for oppurtunities to use it because it's just so creative.

    Have a wide angle prime is great! I find I'm MUCH more a prime lens gal myself and am starting the hunt for a nice, wide prime. You'll have to continue to give your impression of the 28mm over time. That seems to be a nice length, without being too wide you know?

    I'm so glad your lenses came and that you've already been using them. Congrats, you totally deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOO happy your stuff arrived, safe and sound (and LATE! Darn UPS guy!). These are just fantastic- I cannot WAIT to see some rockin' concert shots with that fisheye! And I'm still drooling over that 28mm... now that I know you got the "cheap" one... dangit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting day and looks like you're doing great with your new lenses. I can't wait to get a lense. I just really have to discover what lense would suit me best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love the fisheye for sure, but that 28 is really amazing! You have really been waiting for these and I am so happy that you got them. The first two pictures show just how sharp they are. LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm yes, she makes a cute little bobble, an extremely cute one. Where can I get one of those to put on the dashboard of my car. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see more! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete